Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mother Knows Best

I know it has been awhile since my last post and I really have no excuses to offer except I'm just lazy sometimes.  I have the best of intentions but they don't always come to be.  LOL  Sometimes I have to wonder how the heck do I ever get enough jewelry made to sell!   All my life I never had much "stick to it", until I found books in the eighth grade.  Then I never went anywhere without one in my hand (even the bathroom!)  It was like an extension of my arm.  Since then I have read 1000's of books and still am very passionate about reading today.  I would read all the time even now if I could.   

In my late twenties I did find that I enjoyed making jewelry and that I could "stick with it".  That is how I ended up where I am today, a fulltime artist.  I, unfortunately have some very bad habits that need to be broken!  One of them is that when I'm not selling I do not like to create.  Another being if it doesn't take off in a short time I don't pursue it.  Again, no stick to it! 

I have the best role model in my life and that is my mother.  My mother does know best.  She is an artist and she is a working and creating machine.  From the time she gets up til the time she goes to bed she is working and producing.  I need to take a lesson!    It isn't the amount of work that is really what needs to be learned but the passion that she puts into each and everything she works on.  I have said to her that I am so lazy next to her, because I am not creating when I know I should be,etc.  But she tells me that it isn't that she is so driven to work but that she LOVES what she does.  It is who she is, an artist. 

I am becoming an artist.  It is not always an instant manifestation, but for me it is a gradual awakening.  I am now developing into the artist that I want to be.  I know that I will never be as driven as my mother is, as that is just not me, but I know that as I grow older the desire is developing more and I will be who I am ment to be.
Regina

1 comment:

  1. Regina,

    Your pieces are amazing. No one lazy could come up with something so creative. Procrastinator like a lot of us perhaps.

    You obviously have the talent. Now your just trying to figure out your passion. The part that drives you create regardless if you sell or not. I bet once you find that you will be just as driven as your mom. Just because you're great at something, which you obviously are at these amazing pieces you have here, doesn't mean they are your passion.

    Wow. If you're this good at something that isn't your passion, imagine how amazing you will be once you find your passion. What an exciting path you could choose to be on.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete